This recipe is great for using up excess veggies from the garden or last of the season. Also is great for a vegetarian option with a salad or roast veg as a side dish, hope you like it : )
- 1-2 courgettes/Zucchinis
- 2/3 tomatoes (yummy from garden!)
- wholemeal breadcrumbs
- goats cheese
- green pesto
- salt/pepper for seasoning
- Slice Courgette/Zucchini into thin slices. Do same with tomatoes.
- Layer them into a small flat roasting dish.
- Spoon and spread bits of pesto sauce over/between the slices.
- Crumble the bread onto the top of the bake like breadcrumbs and do same with the goats cheese on top.
- Season and bake in the oven at 180c for approx 40 minutes. When it is browning and cheese is melted it is ready.
Take out and enjoy tucked up in autumn with a good book or a classic film with a cup of tea : )