When the cold evenings are rolling in the last thing you fancy is a salad! this quick, easy recipe can be made as soon as you head in from work, make some pasta or a quick main dish-then shove this in the oven and leave for 30-40 minutes. Take the time to have a shower, change out of those work clothes, relax and grab a book or watch some BlackAdder DVDs or Mighty Boosh : )
By the time you have settled in and eaten your main, the beeper will go and there you are a nice hot pudding ready to be devoured with a tad of cream or ice cream! just right for a cosy night in front of the fire or wood burner : )
PS-this recipe has little washing up too a bonus! all you use is a wooden spoon, mixing bowl, scales and the oven serving dish : )
NB The photo does not do the taste justice! : )
- 130g plain flour
- 70g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 120 ml milk
- 4-g melted butter
- 1 egg
- few drops vanilla extract if wanted
- Preheat oven to 200’c.
- grease oven dish (flat, large dish)
- mix all of the above ingredients together then put the mixture into the dish and flatten out.
- Boil 300-400ml water.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of cocoa powder and 1 cup of brown sugar (normal will work too!) over the mixture.
- Once the kettle has boiled carefully pour the hot water over the dish contents and carefully put into oven. Ensure you put a oven tray under it in case of overspill of the chocolate sauce!
Take out after 30-40 minutes when the sauce has formed and thickened-serve in large portions with cream!