A Bread recipe I tried this weekend-a sunflower and wholemeal mixed dough to create a batch of 10-12 rolls-we had half to use for the week and put other half in the freezer for back ups for another day! Hope you like it : )
300g White Flour
300g Wholemeal flour
1 cup of sunflower seeds
2 tsp sugar, 2 tsp salt,
1 egg (beaten together)
100ml warm milk
200ml warm tepid water
1 packet dried yeast or 1 cube fresh yeast
1. Put all dry ingredients together and mix.
2. Add the egg, oil and milk to the mix and stir.
3. mix the yeast into the warm water and add this bit by bit and stir in until it creates a sticky dough.
4. Flour a clean surface and knead the dough for roughly 10 minutes. Replace in the mixing bowl and cover with cling film and leave to rise till double the size.
5. Come back and shape the dough into roughly 10-12 big roll or petit pain shaped balls on a baking tray. Cover with a tea towel and leave to double in size again.
6. Preheat oven to 180’c and place the tray in the oven for approximately 20 minutes to bake. Take out and rest it or eat hot with a bit of cheese and melted butter!