So this combination does seem a little odd I know! We fancied making scones but realised we had no raisins to put in them and no round cutters! Therefore they are raisinless and heart – shaped! Additionally, I am an avid chocolate lover often getting told off for adding chocolate to everything – To keep up the tradition I did it here too!
I added some cocoa powder to the mixture and also chopped up some dried apricots and sultanas to make the mix a little more interesting. Although they may look a little odd they taste brilliant – we had our warm with a thick spread of Nutella on!
Ingredients (makes about 12-15):
- 300g plain flour with 1 teaspoon baking powder (or can just use self raising)
- 1 cup of cut up dried apricots
- 1 cup sultanas
- 50g butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- approximately 120ml milk
- Heat oven to 220c.
- Mix flour and butter together. then add other ingredients (apart from milk) and mix well.
- Add the milk a little at a time and mix in.
- Flour a clean surface and roll out mixture to approximately 1 cm thick. Cut out and continue until all the dough is used up.
- Place on baking tray and bake for 18 minutes and remove from oven.
- Cut open and eat with copious amounts of Nutella or the more traditional clotted cream and jam!
By Katy Runacres
The Good Life In Practice