Last week I got some lovely goodies in the post from The Craft Company! I got very excited when I found the lovely goodies inside! I got a loaf cake tin and a 6 muffin/bun silicone tray.
On first glance they are pleasing with the loaf tin being of classic design and shape, whilst the bright pink silicone tray is bendy and a great stand out colour – will look good in the kitchen!
I decided to make a simple banana bread with chocolate chips in the loaf tin. It came out well, did not stick to the tin and was easy to wash afterwards too. To me this is a nice simple basic for my kitchen. Also I will use it for savoury breads like cheese and chive bread!
I used the pink silicone bun tray for making a batch of 6 vanilla and lemon buns. They all came out very well and the tray was easy to use and non stick with the mixture. Again, washing up afterwards was nice and easy and the pink tray dried fast so i could store it away.
Here is my recipe for quick easy Vanilla and Lemon buns:
- 2 eggs
- white flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 lemons worth of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180’c.
- Weigh Eggs. Add them to your mixing bowl.
- Weigh the same as the eggs and add for the flour, sugar and butter. Mix well.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and baking powder. Combine well together.
- Put the mixture in the bun tray – evenly.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Put knife in one and if it comes out clear it is done.
Overall, I loved my baking goodies from The Craft Company and also liked their grand selection of preserving goods from jars to labels! Take a look for baking and preserving inspiration and new ideas.