- Cherries (as many handfuls as you fancy and can fit)
- Liquor of Choice. Note – You can use almost anything, I have used Pimms this year to experiment! Brandy is always a winner and so is Rum (but use dark sugar with Rum).
- Fill a large jar ( which has a tight fitting top) with Cherries – washed, pricked all over or scored.
- Add 2 dessert spoons of sugar N.B some prefer Caster, I like Demerara.
- Get your liquor of choice. Then pour the liqour into the jar to cover fruit.
- Leave the jar in a cool, dark place.
- Shake the jar mixture every week to mix the sugar in, then leave till Christmas – if you can wait that long!
By Peter Runacres
The Good Life In Practice – I reckon this would make grand and great presents at Christmas time for friends and family, plus it does not need any fancy equipment.
What do you think of Dads recipes? Do comment and let us know how you get on and your other ideas? Sloe Gin is always a winner too!
Katy, The Good Life In Practice x