A new recipe here for foraged Elderberries! A lovely Elderberry Jelly.
900 g elderberries
900g cooking apples
600 ml water
- Wash Elderberries (leaving them on their stalks) & apples (don’t peel – just core and chop).
- Cook separately dividing water between them till soft and pulped.
- Strain through a jelly bag or you can use muslin.
- Measure what you have in liquid and return to preserving pan with 350g sugar to each 500ml of Elderberry extract.
- Pot up in usual way once jelly is set. Ensure your jam jars and lids are sterilised properly before you begin.
Tip! Really yummy on scones, on the bottom of steam pudding or will also go well with cheese and ham.
Katy , The Good Life In Practice x