A quick Plum Jam recipe here to use up surplus plums!
2.7 kg plums
900 ml water
2.7 kg sugar
- Wash fruit, cut in half and remove stones.
- Add a little lemon juice to help the set.
- Simmer the jam for about half an hour until really soft.
- Add the sugar, stir till dissolved and boil rapidly until setting point.
- Pot the jam in jars, seal and cover. Ensure to sterilise jars well before and use wax discs.
Then enjoy on toast or a scone! Good filling for a Victoria Sponge Cake too!
Katy, The Good Life In Practice x