I have been using my Hill Farm Rapeseed Oil for baking this week! Great for Dairy free baking as a substitute for butter. This is a quick easy recipe where all you do is weigh the eggs, then weigh out the same of the oil, flour and sugar. The oil replaces the butter and if you prefer standard flour you can use that instead. Good for friends with dietary requirements!
Recipe (makes roughly 25!):
- Hill Farm Rapeseed Oil (same weight as total eggs in ml)
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 3 Eggs
- Gluten Free White Flour (same weight as total eggs)
- Sugar (same weight as total eggs)
- 1 teaspoon Gluten Free Baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180’C
- Mix all the ingredients together then empty into bun cases
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes. Pierce one with knife to ensure it is fully cooked through
- Leave to cool
Once they are cooled ice them!
Ingredients for Chocolate Butter (dairy free) Icing:
- Icing Sugar
- Dairy Free Butter or Margarine
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
Mix all ingredients together adding the icing sugar and butter until you have the required consistency. Ice the buns then add a dairy free chocolate button to the top! Very easy but much appreciated by lactose intolerant eaters! : )
Thankyou and let me know what you think!
Katy, The Good Life In Practice x