I have been wanting to use my herbs and do some baking recently so thought this was a perfect combination of the two! : ) An experiment which seemed to work! : ) I made my biscuits dairy free by using dairy free margarine but you can use butter instead if you want.
-100g Dairy Free Margarine
-175g self raising flour
– zest of one lemon
-2 tablespoons of lavender leaves (washed and chopped thinly)
-a little coconut and rice milk to bind. Normal milk or Soya would work just as well!
- Preheat oven to 220’c.
- Grease or line a baking tray.
- Mix all the ingredients together and add a little of the coconut/rice milk to bind if needed.
- Roll out onto a floured area and cut out biscuit shapes. Roughly 1 cm thick – to make thick, big biscuits.
- Place on tray and pop tray in oven for 15-20 mins until they turn slightly golden.
- Enjoy with a cup of earl grey tea or builders tea!
Katy, The Good Life In Practice x